Exercise Five: Golden Section and/or Fibonacci Numbers
by Emily Dickinson
A poem written c. 1862, first published in 1935.
We grow accustomed to the Dark —
When Light is put away —
As when the Neighbor holds the Lamp
To witness her Goodbye —
A Moment — We uncertain step
For newness of the night —
Then — fit our Vision to the Dark —
And meet the Road — erect —
And so of larger — Darkness —
Those Evenings of the Brain —
When not a Moon disclose a sign —
Or Star — come out — within —
The Bravest — grope a little —
And sometimes hit a Tree
Directly in the Forehead —
But as they learn to see —
Either the Darkness alters —
Or something in the sight
Adjusts itself to Midnight —
And Life steps almost straight.
1. Use the above Dickinson poem as inspiration. I want you to create an impressionistic project that captures the emotional qualities of the poem, but do not illustrate the text.
2. Create a browser based work of generative art. For the purpose of this assignment we will define generative art as....
Any art practice that incorporates random processes set to motion with some degree of autonomy resulting in a work of art.
4. Incorporate aspects of the Golden Section and/or Fibonacci Numbers.
5. Upload this project to your neocities website.
6. This project will be due at the beginning of next class.